Thursday, December 17, 2020

Course Reflection

 In this class, we looked into how to teach math to high school students and how to become a better teacher. We looked into many papers on pedagogy and we went through the government websites to become familiar with the provincial curriculum and methods of teaching mathematics. I enjoyed doing all the math puzzles given in the class. I think the process of figuring something out is essential to learning. We had a chance to explore different ways to integrate technologies into our teaching to achieve deeper engagement from students. Moreover, we studied the cross-disciplinary approaches incorporating mathematics with subjects such as music, art, dancing, poetry, etc. It was mind-boggling to see different ideas my peers came up with in the first assignment. We also did small micro-teaching and experienced lesson and unit planning. This is a good way as a preview of what is going to be like if we are becoming a teacher in the future. I think whatever we have done in this class will become an ongoing process, with more and more experience and knowledge accumulated. I am very grateful for having Susan who is a wonderful instructor! She made this (the whole covid situation) easy for us. I took quite a lot from this class and from Susan. So, lastly, I would like to hope everyone a safe Christmas and a happy new year! 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Chloe! I'm glad that this was a good learning experience for you, and I think you are all amazing mathematicians and future teachers! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Assignment 3 Final Version

  Assignment 3 Final Version